The Active Passive Trainer (APT) is a unique exercise rehabilitation trainer for the upper or lower limbs. APT is an electronically-powered trainer with both forward and backward rotation.PASSIVE MODE – a powered movement at regulated speeds, for exercise of limbs that have limited or no muscle power.
A unique auto reverse feature ensures that in the event of a muscle seizure during exercise, APT senses that the pedals have locked and gently reverses direction to release the affected muscles.
ACTIVE MODE – enables a wide range of exercise, either workload dependent, where the resistance level is constant regardless of pedal speed, or isokinetic where resistance increases as speed increases.
The height and the length of the crank arms are easily adjusted to provide a variable range of motion, giving the APT exceptional versatility, with exercise options to meet most requirements.
Can be operated in either ACTIVE mode at varying degrees of resistance or in PASSIVE mode at adjustable speed and torque levels. While the machine is in PASSIVE mode, it is possible to combine both PASSIVE and ACTIVE training by using physical effort in conjunction with the electrical operation of the motor. Serves individuals with limited or no muscular power (i.e. spinal cord injuries, MS, Polio, CP, ALS, Dialysis, etc.).
Highly portable, weighing only 10kg the Active Passive Trainer APT-5 can be placed on the floor, on a table top or, with the Hi-Lo frame for comfortable, complete and total workout.
APT Features and Benefits:
- Varying speeds and load levels for passive exercising.
- Upper and lower limb training for passive, disabled users.
- Allows application of physical force in passive training mode.
- Improves circulation, muscle tone and range of motion.
- Decrease atrophy, spasms and swelling.
- Reduces total limb resistance to passive cycling.
- Normalizes lower extremities muscle tone.
- Motor learning.
Spinal cord injury
Cerebrovascular Incidence (CVA)
Congenital Muscular Dystrophy
- Varying levels of resistance for Active exercising
- Active training for upper and lower limbs
- Adjustable crank-arm height and length
- Improves blood circulation, strength, endurance and muscle-tone
- Learn the motor patterns of cycling
- Activate rhythmical locomotion patterns
Orthopaedic pathologies (partial weight bearing)
Children with motor disorders
Post traumatic brain damage
Post Polio Syndrome
Post Cardiac Rehabilitation
APT-5 Technical Specifications:
Weight: 18 Kg (22 lbs)
Folded dimensions: 46 x 72 x 15 cm
Rotation Radius: 37.5/75/112.5/150 mm
Exercising positions (angle): 15/30/45/60
Rated voltage: 18 V AC
Power supply: 220-240V AC 50 Hz.
Rated Power: 100 VA
Approvals: CE, TUV, TGA
Packed dimensions: 70 x 52 x 24 cm
APT-5 Hi-Lo Technical Specifications:
Packed dimensions: 104 x 70 x 25 cm
Packed weight: 39 Kg
Base dimensions: 100 x 76 cm
Height: 100 cm
Working height: from ground level up to 125 cm