The Active Passive Trainer (APT) is a unique exercise rehabilitation trainer for the upper or lower limbs. APT is an electronically-powered trainer with both forward and backward rotation.
PASSIVE MODE – a powered movement at regulated speeds, for exercise of limbs that have limited or no muscle power.
A unique auto reverse feature ensures that in the event of a muscle seizure during exercise, APT senses that the pedals have locked and gently reverses direction to release the affected muscles.
ACTIVE MODE – enables a wide range of exercise, either workload dependent, where the resistance level is constant regardless of pedal speed, or isokinetic where resistance increases as speed increases.
The height and the length of the crank arms are easily adjusted to provide a variable range of motion, giving the APT exceptional versatility, with exercise options to meet most requirements.
Specially designed foot rests, leg supports, hand grips, support gloves can be interchanged quickly and easily, clipping firmly into the variable length crank arm with APT’s simple quick release fittings.
Offering a wide range of advanced features for both active and passive users, our fully digital, electric powered trainer is designed mainly for users with limited or no muscular strength. Whether disabled by injury, suffering from muscle atrophy or confined to a wheelchair, the Active Passive Trainer APT-5 caters to the different degrees of muscle incapability.
Fully digital, the Active Passive Trainer APT-5 enables complete control of speed, resistance, amount of spins and load levels. A remote control facilitates operation for users with limited movement abilities. Available accessories include heart rate monitor, special handle bars, hemi-gloves, footrests, and hand grips.
APT Features and Benefits:
- Varying speeds and load levels for passive exercising.
- Upper and lower limb training for passive, disabled users.
- Allows application of physical force in passive training mode.
- Improves circulation, muscle tone and range of motion.
- Decrease atrophy, spasms and swelling.
- Reduces total limb resistance to passive cycling.
- Normalizes lower extremities muscle tone.
- Motoric learning.
- Spinal cord injury
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebrovascular Incidence (CVA)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy
- Varying levels of resistance for Active exercising
- Active training for upper and lower limbs
- Adjustable crank-arm height and length
- Improves blood circulation, strength, endurance and muscle-tone
- Learn the motorics of cycling
- Activate rhythmical locomotion patterns
- Senior citizens
- Orthopedic pathologies (partial weight bearing)
- Children with motoric disorders
- Post traumatic brain damage
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Post Cardiac Rehabilitation
APT-5 Technical Specifications:
- Rotation Radius: 37.5/75/112.5/150 mm
- Exercising positions (angle): 15/30/45/60
- Rated voltage: 18 V AC
- Power supply: 220-240V AC 50 Hz.
- Rated Power: 100 VA